In addition to Peer Tutoring, services for students with disabilities, and TRIO programs, Office of Student Success also offers a study skills class, computer access, and assistive technology.
Study Skills Class
IIT 1050: College Study Skills is a course designed to promote academic success in college by assisting traditional undergraduate students in learning skills necessary to reach their educational objectives and developing life skills. In the course, students learn to:
- manage time more efficiently
- organize course materials more effectively
- improve memory and concentration
- use a note taking system
- apply strategies to read textbooks more effectively
- prepare for tests and exams appropriately
- locate and utilize a variety of resources on and off campus
- identify personal learning styles
- examine personal issues that may affect college success
Class meets once a week for a full semester.
Eleven computers are available for use in the Tutoring Center (Andorfer Commons, Room 223) during regular business hours and scheduled evening hours. All computers are loaded with Microsoft Office and have access to the Internet. A computer with engineering software is also available.
Kurzweil 3000 software is loaded on designated computers located in the Tutoring Center and in McMillen Library. This software can convert speech to text and text to speech in addition to other features. Students with documented disabilities in need of e-books, audio books, or other assistance may contact Office of Student Success at 800.937.2448, ext.2338 or email email@example.com