Students with Disabilities
Indiana Tech is committed to ensuring that you have the opportunity to pursue a degree in any of our programs. If you have a disability requiring academic accommodations, here are the steps to gaining the assistance you need to succeed:
- Complete and return the forms in the Request for Academic Accommodations Packet.
- All forms can be emailed to email@example.com. If you prefer, you can print and mail, or fax them.
- Email or send documentation from a qualified professional outlining the specific nature of your disability.
- Schedule an intake to review your accommodation request and to develop an Access Plan.
- Students may contact the Disability Services Coordinator, Angela Williams at 800.937.2448, ext. 2111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indiana Tech – Office of Student Success
1600 E. Washington Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
Completed forms may also be dropped off in person at Snyder Academic Center, Room 008.
Tips from a student
Chelsea W., a recreation therapy student who has used services for students with disabilities, offers these tips:
- “Be an advocate for yourself. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need.”
- “The sooner you let the university know that you need help, the sooner you get the help.”
- “Remember that it is your responsibility to give your professors your Access Plan.”
- “Don’t just hand your professors your Access Plan. Make an appointment to go over it with them. It is important to build a relationship with them.”
- “Tutoring is very helpful.”
Kurzweil 3000 software is loaded on designated computers located in the Tutoring Center and in McMillen Library. This software can convert speech to text and text to speech in addition to other features.
Students with documented disabilities in need of e-books, audio books, or other assistance may contact Office of Student Success at 800.937.2448, ext. 2338 or email: email@example.com
Americans with Disabilities Act
For information on the Americans with Disabilities Act, visit www.ada.gov.