Request Academic Accommodation
Indiana Tech is committed to ensuring that you have the opportunity to pursue a degree in any of our programs. We have an interactive process that invites students requesting reasonable accommodations to meet with Disability Services Office for an intake meeting and discuss disability-related barriers they anticipate or are experiencing at Indiana Tech.
To Begin The Interactive Process:
Please be aware that supporting documentation is typically needed to help guide our conversation and provide information about specific accommodation requests. We ask that you gather any supporting documentation before beginning the request process. Do not delay requesting accommodations and scheduling a meeting with Disability Services out of concern for not having the appropriate paperwork! We can still meet and discuss your options.
Step 1: Gather Supporting Documentation
Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to:
- Most recent High School Individual Education Plan (IEP), including the Psychological and Educational Evaluation and Summary of Performance (within three years).
- Accommodations plan from another post-secondary institution.
- Medical, Therapist, or Counselor Evaluation with Diagnosis.
- The most recent evaluation was performed by the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS) (within three years).
- VA Benefits Summary Letter (including disability information).
Please note: Disability Services reserves the right to request up-to-date or additional documentation for approval of accommodations.
Step 2: Initiate Your Request for Accommodations
Once you have your supporting documentation, click on the links below to complete the Accommodation Request Form, Student Rights and Responsibilities Form, and the Informed Consent Form.
- Accommodation Request Form
- Student Rights and Responsibilities Form
- Informed Consent and Confidentiality Form
If you prefer, you can print and mail, fax or drop off in person at Snyder Academic Center, Room 008 the Request for Academic Accommodations Packet
Step 3: Submit Documents Using One of the following Methods
- Submit your documentation using the secure link within the Accommodation Request Form from STEP 2.
Step 4: Schedule an Intake Meeting with Disability Services
Once your documentation is received, you will be contacted by Disability Services within five business days to schedule an intake meeting. We will review your request for accommodation, develop an Access Plan during this meeting, and go over the resources available to you as an Indiana Tech student.