Peer tutoring is available for many courses offered at Indiana Tech and is free to traditional undergraduate students.
The Tutoring Center, located in Snyder Academic Center, Room 008, is open 9 am – 9 pm Monday through Friday, and 3 – 9 pm Sunday.
Tutoring is offered based on what kind of classes you are enrolled in. Select your student classification to see the classes offered as well as how to enroll.
Why get tutoring?
There are many reasons to consider tutoring, such as:
- deepening understanding of course subject matter and to sharpen writing skills
- becoming a skilled learner by improving study skills and developing critical thinking skills
- maintaining athletic eligibility and achieve academic goals
- enhancing classroom learning by identifying learning preferences
How to get the most out of tutoring
The success of your tutoring depends on the effort you put into it. To get the most out of tutoring, you should:
- attend all scheduled tutoring sessions
- meet weekly with you peer tutor to provide consistency and to build a working relationship
- always bring your books, syllabus, and class assignments to each tutoring session
Becoming a peer tutor
If you excel in a particular subject and would like to become a peer tutor, stop by the Tutoring Center to speak with our tutoring center coordinator or email email@example.com for more information.
Want more information?
If you need more information about the tutoring services at Indiana Tech please contact the Tutoring Center at 800.937.2448, ext. 2337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.